Barcelona Ebike Tours
Barcelona Ebike tours are the environmentally-friendly way to cover more distance, and see the whole city without requiring an Armstrong’s dose of performance enhancers. Our e-bikes have a low carbon footprint, and are silent and clean. All in all this is one of the most energy-effiicient ways to “do Barcelona”, without the sweat, especially on a hot Barcelona day!
4 Top E-bike tours – what’s included
We recommend choosing one of the following top tours to suit your budget and time requirements, ask us about the price of each:
- Basic 1.5 hour tour of Barcelona
- Gaudi Tour – lasting 2.5 – 3 hours
- Sagrada Familia Tour – includes queue jump visit to Gaudi’s famous masterpiece cathedral. Lasts 2.5 – 3 hrs
- Cava Tour – just the ticket for wine and bubbly enthusiasts, you’ll see a real cava vineyard or bodega and taste the exquisite stuff as well! Lasts 2.5 – 3 hrs
Our tours include an expert guide, water, insurance and a helmet. We also include queue-jump entry to selected monuments (depending on which itinerary you choose of course). Tours usually begin at Barcelona’s imposing Gothic Cathedral and typically they last 3 hours. All routes provide an efficient and comprehensive experience of the real Barcelona.
Barcelona eBike Tour Itineraries – Barrio Gotico, El Born, Gaudi, Sagrada Familia, Barceloneta…
Ask us about the many itineraries available for your Barcelona ebike tour or ask us to suggest one. The ebikes are easy to use and their motors give you just the boost your poor legs need when that little extra is required, ensuring you won’t suffer from saddle burn or kneecap ailments for your day’s sightseeing.
Not sure if we would have made it on conventional bikes with so many of us, thanks for suggesting the electric ones, it was a really inserting tour and the guide was great (Eric de Boer, 27-strong company group, March 2014)
What to see in Barcelona on an eBike
We suggest the following great Barcelona sights to include on your trip:
- See the awesome Sagrada Familia and the main Gaudi masterpieces. You wont have to queue at the monuments you choose entry for, and will receive all audio-visual guide equipment inside.
- Barcelona Cathedral, El Born, Barrio Gótico and Parc de Ciutadella (a relaxing green space including some of Gaudi’s earliest and most inspiring works, as well as much art nouveau). This is the most iconic Barcelona of alleyways inhabited by Picasso, Genet, and assorted sailors and strumpets.
- Elegant Paseo de Gracia with the fairytale town houses Casa Batlló, Casa Mila (“the quarry”) and Casa Amatller. More Gaudi masterpieces and the city planning of Cerdà.
- Tour the “bodegas” or cellars of Barcelona old town and sea front. This route will include the stunning medieval church of Santa Maria del Mar, the modernista Palau de la Musica and modern art icons such as the Golden Fish sculpture by Gehry. The Raval area of Barrio Gotico is seedy, storybook Barcelona at its finest. The route includes two stops at wine cellars in the old town that you may never have discovered on your own.
What is an ebike ?
An ebike (or electric bike) aka booster bike has an electric motor which helps no end to boost your legs! Ebikes are sustainable using rechargeable batteries allowing them to travel up to approx 30 kmph. Many expect environmentally friendly ebikes to relace moped and city scooters soon!