Barcelona Cava Visit…vineyard and winery
Cava tasting – you’ll be doing it while here in the capital of the bubble stuff. So, let’s face it, there’s a chance you’ll be spending most of your Barcelona trip smelling like one, so why not visit the winery and cut out the middle man ? We will take you on a half-day tour of one of the unspoilt gems of Spanish tippling.
Includes transport (train), a tour of the vineyard, wine experts and different wines to taste
The Barcelona region of Catalonia has some of the most reputed cava bodegas and vineyards in Spain. Famous names such as Cordoniou or Freixenet are all based in the cava town St. Sadurni, not far west of Barcelona. You’ll waste no time in transportation in this bodega crawl, and you will have a chance to buy a few for a tipple back in the hotel. A cava tasting lunch can also be included.
Cava Tasting beats Champagne?
A fizzy wine drunk by the Catalans at all hours (and with meals!) cava tasting is a must in Barcelona. Produced using the same method as Champagne and especially suited to the grapes grown in the local regions of Penedes. Barcelona cava region hosts the famous brand Cordoníu whose production dates back from 1551. It also produces excellent white wine and very good red. If you want your visit to include red and white wine, please ask us.
Looking for just a Barcelona wine tasting in the city? Barcelona Wine Tasting
Cava Tasting Tour Barcelona – What is included
- A 4-hour tour (inc transport) of one of Barcelona’s premier wineries
- Public train travel with our guide (private coach transfers can also be offered)
- A wine expert who will give full information on wine production and tasting
- Lots of wine to taste and snacks with the wine (a full lunch can be added at additional cost)
Barcelona Wine Visit – What else do I need to know?
- Please let us know if you have special diet requirements for your group.
- No previous specialized knowledge of wine is required to enjoy this trip: you will gain some of course !
- Most visitors to Spain come back clutching a few bottles of this wonderful golden nectar – you’ll have plenty purchase opportunities!
- We can add private coach travel and lunch at extra cost.