Hammam Barcelona – Proper Pampering!
If you need to recover quickly from a big weekend in Barcelona, the Hammam Barcelona is the place for you. The Spain Event offers you a 90-minute session of hydrotherapy and aromatherapy in our Arab baths and also a 15-minute massage! Barcelona is an extremely lively city and if you are only here for a weekend, it is going to be intense. Bar crawls, Night Clubs and plenty of other daytime activities mean it is worth setting aside some time for a proper pampering session at the Hammam Barcelona Spa.
Includes a 90 minute session in the Hammam, a 15 or 30-minute massage, towels-gowns, lockers and tea!
The Hammam Barcelona Spa includes a hydrotherapy and aromatherapy circuit that takes you through several chambers that have baths at different temperatures. The tepidarium (36º), the caldarium (40º) and the frigidarium (16º). There is also a jet bath and of course the Hammam itself (also known as an Arabian steam room). You can also make use of the salt bath, which lies underneath an original Roman vault. The Hammam Barcelona Spa experience also includes a relaxing 15-minute massage for your back, legs, arms, feet and head. Finally, you can end your time at the Hammam Spa by relaxing on heated marble benches while enjoying a cup of tea.
The flight home would have been horrible if I hadn’t chilled out at the Hammam that morning… Pure bliss! (Helen Goodman, May 2014)
Arabian Baths in Barcelona – Typical schedule
- Sessions begin at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00, 20:00, 22:00 every day of the week and also at 00:00 on Fridays and Saturdays and on the eve of Spanish bank holidays.
- Each session lasts 90 minutes.
- Book early to avoid being disappointed or having to split your group into two shifts
Hammam Barcelona -What is included
- A 90-minute session of hydrotherapy
- 15-minute massage
- Towel-gown and lockers
- Traditional arab teas
- Transport is not usually required, as the Hammam Baths are located in the centre of Barcelona and can be easily reached on foot, or by Metro from your hotel.
Hammam Barcelona – What else do I need to know?
- THE RULE OF ABSOLUTE SILENCE MUST BE OBSERVED IN THE BATHS – it is not only rude but counterproductive not to observe this, as silence is part of the treatment. Anyone shouting or even talking will be asked to leave immediately!
- Remember to bring your swimsuit.
- Flip flops or special footwear are not required.