Barcelona Spanish Cooking Class – tapas, paella and sangria
Do you love Spanish cooking ? Those tasty bite-sized tapas that just seem right for parties and snacks with drinks ? Learn how it’s done… If you’d love to become a tapas queen or king to shine at your own parties, or even if you just want a laugh in the kitchen with a glass of sangria or seven, sign up with your friends, your hen or stag do, for a genuine Spanish Cooking experience.
Includes a 2 hour cooking class with paella, sangria and tapas, a visit to the local market and a great chef!
In Barcelona you will learn to cook the two most famous exports of Spanish cooking: tapas and paella. And the formidable sangria to boot! Are you a budding Ferran Adria, an Eva Arguiñano in the making ? …. didn’t think so. You may not know a patata brava from a croqueta, never mind successfully preparing, (or even pronouncing) tigres or chorizo al vino but no worries, this is all user-friendly, you will eat, and drink with your eyes.
Learn tapas recipes and how to cook paella in a private group class
Whether or not you have turned your back on garlic and parsley and oinked at the pork beast, our expert chef will show you how it’s done. Watch and tipple on sangría as our expert chef demonstrates these fine culinary arts, and enjoy the aromas of the paella as it simmers in front of your eyes. And not a microwave or carry-out in sight!
This is the real deal, Spaniards love their food and the basic tricks of spanish cooking, the preparation of tapas, are easy once you know how. Non-carnivores are fully catered for. You will learn how to cook the famous paella dish, tapas and even to make sangria ! And best of all, you will eat and drink throughout.
Tapas in Barcelona – Typical schedule
- Timings are flexible for your spanish coooking class, so ask us about times available! Remember eating times in Spain for both lunch and dinner are later than in most countries.
- The class is held right in the heart of Old Town Barcelona, so you will handy for arriving and getting on to your next activity!
- You will visit the Mercado de la Boqueria to get the freshest ingredients possible!
- First off you will learn to make a sangria, that delicious sunny drink that accompanies the tapas perfectly! Our chef will make sure you have the ingredients and knowledge to make a delightful sangria!
- Suitably armed and fortified with sangria, our chef will show you how to make some Spanish Tapas. Now, you can snack and drink your way through the paella part of the session!
- Once the paella is ready, you will savour its delights and feel pretty well fed and happy with the world!
Barcelona Cooking Class – What is Included
- Instruction by an expert for approximately 2 hours on Spanish cooking. Specifically paella, sangria and several of the most celebrated tapas dishes.
- At least 4 glasses of sangria.
- You will eat the equivalent of a full lunch or dinner.
- Price depends on your group size and the time of year. In general, the larger your group the less you will each pay !
Private Tapas and Paella Class in Barcelona – What else do I need to know?
- This activity is a cross between a cooking class and a demonstration. In the interests of safety, participation is kept to a minimum, as the mix of virtually unlimited sangria and sharp kitchen utensils is not always the most harmonious !
- Tapas in Spain are usually eaten standing at the bar, and more often than not with cocktails sticks rather than cutlery!
- Did you know snails, beans, rabbit, chicken and seafood are often included in genuine paella (which originates in Valencia) ?
- Please let us know if you have special diet requirements for your group.
- We will encourage you to learn and try a variety of tapas including the local favourites, our guide will of course adapt to your taste – it’s your own tour!