Barcelona Banana Boat – go completely bananas…
Ok so it’s your Barcelona stag weekend, and the weather, predictably is ridiculously good. Are you split between sedentary lazing and getting some action ? Well at least make it a Banana Split. This is one water sport you can more or less do while still sitting on your arse. Our Barcelona banana boat thrill ride is just what you need to inject a note of hilarity and action into your summer beach stag do.
You can choose between a 15 minute public a ride or a private banana for your group, either 30 or 60 minutes!
You may well be tempted just to lie back and soak up the sun on one of those Barcelona beaches at Port Olympic or Barceloneta. Let’s face it, cracking open another can of San Miguel, (or a media of Moritz) and pulling on your shades to get a better view of that wonderful Spanish flesh coming out of the salty old sea….But maybe it’s time to get your group of stags or hens together, and DO SOMETHING ? And, to be honest you don’t have to expend much energy…..This watery but exhilarating joy ride is a pretty good way to see the coast near Barcelona as well, and makes for a perfect day at the beach in Barcelona. Congratulations if you manage the Ian Fleming exit from the water at the end, you might just have Ursula undress…
Brilliant activity, can’t believe we managed to squeeze it in on the Saturday afternoon but as you said we got there in no time from the hotel, and being in the water really perked us all up after the night before. Lakshmi loved it as did all the girls, a real hit and a brilliant laugh for a hen do (Nina, from Solihull. Nina drove her 11-strong hen group bananas in Barcelona in September 2014 with our help)
Barcelona Banana Ride facts
- Barcelona banana is a late spring and summer activity, it can begin at almost any time of the day, but we recommend early afternoon
- Typically you’ll have a fifteen minute joy ride on a banana, which can accommodate up to 10 of you. Of course if you want more time of have a larger group, we’ll sort that for you as well!
- Looking for other inflatable rides ? Let us know if you are looking for Tubing, Biscuits, Ringos, Rich Tea...whatever you are after we’ll find it…
- All equipment and safety features included, with qualified staff
- Held at a watersports area or beach near central Barcelona
- Ask us if you want to include a guide and/or transport we’ll give you a quote
What is a Banana boat – it sounds like monkey business?
This one may not be in the Olympics yet, but for those of you who get their water sport adrenalin sitting down with a banana between their legs, and wearing a padded jacket, this is definitely the one. A banana boat is an inflatable pleasure boat meant that is towed by a power boat. Your driver will attempt to make a monkey of you during the ride by twisting and turning a bit to see if he can upset the banana kart: it will be your groups job to demonstrate superior skills and balance. The life jackets are a big help ! Riding a banana boat is a safer activity than water-skiing or other towed-water sports and suitable for all ages (mental and otherwise…)