Top Things to do in Lisbon: Vineyard Tour
Looking for one of the top things to do in Lisbon? No visit here would be complete without a famous vineyard tour. If your stag-do, hen-do or corporate group wants to experience something truly authentic on their trip to Portugal visiting the vineyard of José Maria da Fonseca, Portugal’s most famous wine producer, is the thing to whet your whistle. Enjoy unparalleled wine-tasting, gastronomic excellence and discover the history, flavors and essence of wine produced here for almost two centuries. Release your inner oenophile (that’s right, you didn’t know you were one, but you are!) with your group and make your visit to Lisbon something special!
Raise your glass! The Spain Event can arrange everything for relaxing excursion, with direct coach pickup from your hotel, guided tasting with our English-speaking experts, a tour of the vineyard, and we can cater your special event in one of our cask-lined dining rooms for the full connoisseur effect. You’re probably still mad at mum and dad for not letting you go to sommelier school, but this truly sensory experience will make up for it!
A Dionysian fiesta!
Visit the vineyard of José Maria da Fonseca so the aficionado in you can express itself with our wide range of drinks choices from simple to more elaborate tastings of 3, 4, 5 and 6 wine selections. Come to the Museum House and see the works of a great lineage of winemakers and their craft. A tour of the vineyards of Portugal is unforgettable, clearly one of the top things to do in Lisbon. Choose from our Sabores da Terra (Flavors of the Land) wine/gastronomic experiences where you can indulge in famous wine varieties such as Alvarelhão, Donzelinho, Periquita, and Muscats, always suitably accompanied by premium regional delicacies.
The Spain Event can make your visit unique with special lunches, dinners and corporate functions tailored to your group. Let us take care of the decoration (flowers anyone?), catering and of course, the wine selection. Make your experience unusual and dine in the Cave da Bassaqueira, Adega dos Teares Novos (Cellar of New Looms), or even outdoors! Later if you feel an inexplicable need to take some of our delights home after tasting them, don’t fight it! We have an onsite wine-shop ready to help you bring some of those sunny Portuguese wines home with you for later!
Vineyard Tour Lisbon – read what our customers think
“That was a sumptuous affair of wines and cheeses and a really interesting look at how wine is made. Our group really liked the private dining area, sort of a medieval cellar, but modern!” – Malcolm, Brighton 2015
Top things to do in Lisbon Vineyard Tour – typical schedule (total approx. 5 hours)
- 1330: Your coach will pick you up and bring you to the wine region.
- 1420: Arrive at the vineyards. The visit starts with a walk around the vineyard while an English speaking expert describes the different types of grapes, moving onto a demonstration of how the machinery used to pick the grapes works so you can see the entire wine-making process.
- 1615: You’ll be able to taste different varieties of wine the vineyard produces.
- 1720: You’ll arrive back in Lisbon, clutching a souvenir or two, and maybe ready for a few more knowledgeable glasses at the hotel bar?
Top things to do in Lisbon: Vinyard Tour – what is included
- A 2-hour tour of one of Lisbon’s premier vineyards
- A wine expert who will give full information on wine production and tasting
- Private return transfers
- Lots of wine to taste, depending on the option you choose.
- If you want to add snacks or a lunch, let us know
Top Things to do in Lisbon: Vineyard Tour –what else do I need to know?
- Please let us know if you have special diet requirements for your group.
- If you want to go all in for Portuguese culture, why not have your group try a Portuguese cooking class, with expert chefs, a fun yet unintimidating setting…and more wine!
How can I book a Lisbon Vineyard Tour?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our booking enquiry form here