2-star hotels, guest houses – Madrid low cost stay
Follow the steps of bullfighters, politicans, anarchists, philosophers…and sybarites ! Choose a Madrid low cost stay in a hostel or hotel in the bustling centre of Madrid. Madrid’s coolest and most happening central districts are the place to be on a short-stay weekend. Close to all the bars, tapas and clubs. Let’s face it, with the trip you are planning, spending time in the hotel is not high on the agenda.
We suggest saving the 4 or 5 star luxury and orchids for when you probably come back with just the better half. Choose smart, clean and comfortable Madrid low cost hotel accommodation, located right in the centre of Spain’s capital city. This means it is near La Puerta del Sol, Gran Via, Plaza Santa Ana or Malasaña. Night life attractions are probably are going to reduce sleeping hours to a minimum on your stag or hen trip to Madrid.
Check out our smart places to stay in Madrid
Most of our recommended establishments are in renovated historic buildings with smart modern rooms and all amenities, especially for groups. Rooming can be in large rooms for groups with bunks or in smaller hotel-style rooms sleeping 3 – 6.
Spanish hotel terminology: hostel or “hostal”?
Note that the term “hostal” in Spanish refers to a small privately run hotel or guest house. The translation into English as “hostel” (with its connotations of sparse, quasi-correctional institution) does not really do it justice. Madrid abounds with these establishments, some in historic buildings that can be worth visiting in their own right. The following terms in Spanish also refer to small independent hotels: casa de huespedes, fonda, pension.
The best areas to stay in Madrid city centre
The areas near la Puerta del Sol, Madrid’s main square are the place to be. This takes in Gran Via (a very cool street all day and all night, you’ll see what we mean!), Plaza Mayor, Plaza Santa Ana, Calle Atocha and the uber-cool bohemian barrios of Triball, Malasaña and Chueca. Read more about cool, bohemian Madrid. Low price hotels, comfortable, clean and very well located
View this accommodation – central Madrid
Tried and trusted accommodation for stag and hen parties in Madrid
We will recommend a Madrid low cost hotel option that puts location first, and gets you right in the heart of the Madrid. There are several low-cost budget hotel options, just right for groups, ranging from comfortable multiple-rooms sleeping 3, 4 or 5 with en suite bathrooms to dormitory style hostels with communal shower rooms and bathrooms.
Madrid’s city centre hotels and hostels for stag and hen parties
Economy Hotels and Hostels in Madrid near Gran Via and La Puerta del Sol. What is included?
- Pension or hostal-style hotel rooms sleeping 3, 4 and upwards, we can usually offer you a range of prices and options.
- All bedding, towels, bedding and basics are included, as well as kitchen facilities, TV and storage facilities such as lockers, if required. Returnable deposits may be required for use of some of these facilities.
- Accommodation type may be pension, hostel (or “hostal in Spanish”), one or two star hotels.
Madrid Budget Accommodation: What else do I need to know?
- A returnable deposit will be required against any damage or infringement of house rules ! As standard practice for hotel bookings in Spain,
- Madrid prices are seasonal and can rise considerably at peak dates. Check pricing with us first as your weekend may fall on one of those dates!
Book Airport Transfers from Madrid Barajas airport with The Spain Event. Book stress-free transfers with your own coach waiting for the pick up at the airport, so you waste no time clambering around for taxis and hit the ground running.
How can I book or find out more?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our booking enquiry form here