Madrid Airport Transfers for groups
Having watched thousands of customers come and go at airports around Spain, there’s no doubt in our minds that booking a shuttle to and from the airport is the only way to avoid chaos, keep the group together, and avoid wasting time. Book Madrid airport transfers with the Spain Event and arrive safely and quickly in style. You’ll hit the ground running, and save a few quid as well!
To book a Madrid airport transfer and get that relaxed feeling of knowing what will happen when you arrive, contact us, we’ll take the pain out of arriving in Spain!
Why book transfers in advance for Madrid Airport (Barajas) ?
In fact, over the years, we’ve compiled a long list of the multiple pitfalls of winging it with cabs or public transport at Madrid airport. Here are just a few:
- The rabble on Arrival. Through customs at Madrid airport, the group congregates loosely at the airport exit, near a taxi rank. 40% of the group are not there though, either relieving themselves, getting Euros from a machine to pay for the cab, or at the smoking zone.
- Getting Organised in Cabs. You more-or-less all get together, and have split yourselves into groups of three or four, but it turns out that wasn’t a taxi rank. After a quick row about public transport or the underground (where is the hotel on the map?) you move to the real taxi rank, and join the queue – with the other 200 people just off the flight from Barcelona…
- The Joy of Foreign Cabbies. Ok, you have your hotel address written down (do the others have it?). Euros to pay in cash? How’s your Spanish? Some cabbies seem to forget their English when they see a juicy group of clueless tourists…
- The Taxi Ride In – use our Rip-off-ometer. It’s easy to find out if you’ve been duped by a taxi driver using The Spain Event’s rip-off-ometer. All you have to do is answer yes or no to the following questions:
– Did the driver start the meter? (oops, they have to do that by law)
– How many football stadia did the cabbie drive you past:
- One! the Bernabeu. (…nice! – but no cigar…unless your hotel is in the business district, that’s the long way round!)
- Two! the Bernabeu and Athletico’s Vicente Calderon. (…again evocative of great UEFA nights and all that, but a wild goose chase and rip-off nonetheless)
- Three! the other two plus Getafe’s ground (…well, you might as well forget it as your flight back is probably about due by now)
- Arrival. Ok, at least you got there, (you think). The others will be along in a minute. Careful not to get your bags snatched on this busy Madrid street. Pay the driver, and I wonder what name the hotel was booked under….?
Our Arrival Service – the local knowledge that counts!
We are pretty happy to boast that we know our locations like the back of our hands. And we provide a genuine arrival service, not just bookings and hotel vouchers. Our staff on the ground will meet you and ease your arrival (and the rest of your stay) with tips, pointers and know-how. We believe that to get the most from a short weekend trip, local knowledge is vital. Beware of UK agencies that provide a booking but no local service! A hotel voucher is not a substitute for a friendly face!
How can I book or find out more?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at email@example.com
- Use our booking enquiry form here