Madrid Kayaking in Vulture Valley
Fancy canoeing under hundreds of wild vultures? You probably hadn’t even thought of it…but this is maybe the most spectacular kayaking experience around. Oddly enough, this is the only place in Europe where you’ll see natural wild vultures, circling above you as you negotiate the spectacular ox-bow bends and river spurs of a protected nature reserve north of Madrid.
Our Madrid kayaking activity is way be the most unforgettable kayak or canoe experience you can have in Spain! It’s a long day including the travel from Madrid city centre but this Madrid kayak excursion may be one of the most rewarding and unique experiences you’ll ever have. All is laid on for your stag or hen group to participate in this, one of our most spectaluar days out with coach travel with our guide from central Madrid.
Madrid Kayaking – Typical schedule (total 8 hrs)
- 1000: We’ll collect you at your hotel.
- 1140: Arrive at the river, after a spectacular drive through the hills.
- 1230: Begin kayaking after a briefing and maybe a drink to get your courage up!
- 1400: After a few stops to gaze at the big birds and swim in the river it’s picnic time (included in the package)!
- 1600: Back on dry land after a vigorous paddle under winged monsters…
- 1830: Back in central Madrid
Madrid kayaking – what is included?
- Transport to the kayaking area with our guide.
- A qualified instructor will guide you in your kayaks round the bends and under the vultures.
- A picnic lunch with drinks and water.
- A talk by your instructor on the history and evolution of the flora, and most if all, fauna, of the region.
- Depending on the weather there will be a swim stop, a great chance to have a dip and cool off.
Madrid kayaking – what else do I need to know?
- The tour is not available in winter, during the birds mating season, or times of low water. Ask us about dates!
- This is our longest day excursion – it is well worth it, but we recommend that groups take the time required well into consideration, especially if planning a big night out the night before!
- This is not “white water” kayaking. It is, physically, a fairly gentle experience, but the sights are marvellous, and you’ll have a chance for a great refreshing swim.
- Wear swimming shorts (and bring a change), t-shirt, towel, in a bag to carry.
- Sun block, sun shades and camera essential!
How can I book or find out more about Madrid kayaing?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at email@example.com
- Use our booking enquiry form here