Madrid Horse Racing – a day at the races
For a day at the races, the Zarzuela race track is the best place in Spain to see a top-notch Madrid horse racing meeting. This is Spain’s Cheltenham, a gee-gee mecca to the Spanish racing and betting community. And a wonderful Sunday out near to central Madrid ! Our day at the races in Madrid is an essential ingredient in your group’s sportsman’s weekend in Spain.
Our Madrid horse racing rep will collect you at your hotel and get you safely to the race track, with entrance included and an all-important briefing on Spanish betting procedures! Horses from Spain, France, UK and Ireland gallop it out over the Madrid furlongs, with meetings held every Sunday beginning 11AM (except in December, January and high summer).
If you’re still somewhat saddle sore from a late night (where you may have trained your eye an a thoroughbred filly or two), we will make sure you get help with the form guide. Our rep knows which end of a horse the sheepskin nose-band goes on, and will help you with the Spanish way of betting, so that the bookies don’t make a gelding of you. Of course, being Madrid, you’ll find it’s neck-and-neck at the bar/cafe if you’re feeling the handicap of a big night out and decide to opt for the nose-bag…
Madrid Race Track – horseplay in a nutshell
The La Zarzuela track is commonly regarded as the top racetrack in Spain and hosts all of the major Spanish racing classics such as the Madrid Gran Premio or Premio Villapadierna (a Spanish version of the English Derby). The Madrid horse racing track itself is a scenic spot with a 1940’s design that still attracts the attention of architects. All in all one of the most peaceful and attractive areas to spend a Sunday afternoon in Madrid – and don’t forget the bar!
Madrid Horse Racing – Typical schedule
- Pick up time: 1045
- 1st of 6 races begins: 1115
- Coach return to hotel: 1400.
- Available every Sunday except for winter close season (ask us!)
- Thursday evening meetings in Summer.
Madrid Horse racing – What is included ?
- Return private coach travel with our rep.
- Track entrance.
- Access to paddock and bar!
- Usually 6 races (this may vary depending on the meeting date)
Madrid racetrack – What else do I need to know?
- Real turf fans will want to bring their binoculars!
- Madrid’s Zarzuela Hippodrome hosts horse races on every Sunday of the year EXCEPT in December, January, July and August.
- Due to the heat in summer, night-time races are held on Thursdays during JULY and AUGUST (beginning approx 10 pm). Ask us about Thursday evening meetings in summer.
- In December and January, Madrid racetrack is closed.
- Spring and September racing is held in the afternoon in Madrid, beginning approx 1600.
- In the remaining Winter months, the racing begins at 1200.
- Organising a Sportsman’s Package? Ask us about a round of golf, Real Madrid football tickets, Bernabeu Stadium tours and Baby Bull Running!
How can I book or find out more?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our booking enquiry form here