Madrid City Tour – things to see in Madrid
With so many things to see in Madrid, we recommend you hire your own coach with a guide for a tailor-made city tour around the glories and delights of marvellous Madrid. It’s your own private tour of Madrid, so make sure you discuss the route with our guide and let him or her know exactly what you’re after. Stop-offs for quaffing large amounts of beer and wine are very much on the itinerary! Using the coach you will see not only the Old Town and historical monuments but also get to see the Bernabeu Stadium (you can stop to do a tour there) and the Modern part of the city as well as the amazing fountains and avenues of the artistic and park quarter.
Whether you just want to see places and move on, or actually spend more time at one place is your choice. Even if half the group fancy exploring, the other half can just wait for them with a beer or sangría at the nearest pavement café in the sun. Your guide will fill you in on the history and give you plenty of ideas about what to do in the evening. You’ll then be dropped back where you started, or at a bar or restaurant of your choosing!
Top 10 Sights for a Madrid City Tour and Sightseeing
The Spain Event team in Madrid recommend the following as the top ten things to see in Madrid:
- Puerta del Sol (the heart of Madrid)
- The Royal Palace or Palacio Real
- Plaza Mayor, the historic Old Square
- Templo de Debod, a real Egyptian temple, and the views from El Balcon de Rosales
- The “football fountains”: Neptuno (Atletico) and Cibeles (Real)
- Plaza de España with statues of Don Quijote and Sancho Panza
- Elegant and bustling Gran Via (main shopping street)
- Plaza de Colon and the statue of Christopher Columbus
- Paseo del Prado, the Prado Museum and Atocha square
- El Paseo de la Castellana, the impressive main artery of central Madrid and the Bernabeu Stadium
Sightsee Bus – typical schedule (total duration 3-4 hours)
- 1200: Recommended set-off time
- 1400: having seen the told town and Palacio Real (a must) before heading North for the glorious Retiro Park and maybe the Bernabeu Stadium
- 1530: Back on the coach we’ll leave you at your hotel or let us recommend a nearby watering hole!
What is included in our City Tour
- Your own coach transport and a guide
- Meals and drinks stops can be arranged.
What else do I need to know about things to see in Madrid?
- There are so many things to see in Madrid and the tour is flexible, so ask our guide in advance about any special stops
- We can adapt to include stops like a tour of the Real Madrid stadium
- Or check out the world class museum like the Prado
- Or the amazing Retiro park
How can I book or find out more?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our booking enquiry form here