Magaluf Flamenco Class – the heart and sole of Spain
¡Olé! Reach the head and heart of Spanish culture with a private Magaluf flamenco class . Your Spanish flamenco teacher will explain the basic moves of Flamenco at your own pace.
The Magaluf Flamenco classes are fun, relaxed and informal, and go at a pace that will not leave anyone behind or feeling like a bebé elefante! By the end, you will appreciate and understand the intricacies of this ancient dance, and most importantly, will have had a great laugh as well !
Private Dance Class for Spanish Flamenco Hens at your own pace!
Your flamenco teacher will take you through all of the hand and arm movements, basic body posture, the idiosyncratic clapping, footwork, tapping, all coordinated with basic steps. A great exercise and a great warm up for an authentic and passionate Balearic night out!
Thanks to Rocio, the Flamenco teacher who made it a great dance class for me and all of the girls, it was quite unusual and hard to pick up at first but she made it seem simple in the end. We loved the hand clapping and foot stomping and did a few informal flamenco dances later that night!…big thanks from Sarah and myself….Karen, Manchester, UK. 12-strong Hen do in Magaluf, June 2012.
What should I wear for a Flamenco Class ?
Make sure you get the most from your Majorca Flamenco Class, and avoid injury, by getting the clothing right. Dresses, skirts and loose trousers are great, and the footwear is essential. Wearing the right shoes and remember the heels are important to get that real flamenco sound. Below are some tips from our Flamenco experts:
NO NO ! AVOID HIGH HEELS, ESPECIALLY STILLETOS Don’t get us wrong, you’ll look drop-dead sexy, but…Not only do these limit the Flamenco steps you can learn, they can also be dangerous !
PERFECT ! IDEALLY, WEAR STURDY LOW-HEELED SHOES – these support your ankles and make the foot actions easier. A chunky wide heel gives you a powerful stamp, that’s the way flamenco artists get their message across!
OK! BOOTS WITH STURDY HEELS ARE PREFERABLE TO HIGH HEELS! if in doubt wear a pair of short boots with sturdy heels – that will help you to master the heel actions. Needless to say footwear sich as flip-flops, sandals and the like are also a serious faux-pas!
What is included
- An expert English-speaking Flamenco teacher.
- Your own session at a private dance School in Palmanova (walking distance from Magalluf
What else do I need to know?
- Use shoes that support your feet and ankles, no flip-flops (see guide and photos above)
- Low heels will help you make the right stamping sounds!
- Transport is not usually required for groups staying in Magaluf, and is not included in the price. If you are staying elsewhere, an inexpensive, short trip in public transport may be required.
- Looking for a salsa class? Click here for Magaluf Salsa Class.
How can I book or find out more?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our booking enquiry form here