Majorca Horse Racing – stop sulking and see the sulkies!
Have a great day out at the races in Majorca! Yes, this is an often unexpected treat for Palma punters – Majorca horse racing at a track in Palma. Mallorca’s traditional harness racing or trotting meetings are a unique, and exciting way to spend an afternoon or evening. Have a flutter, a few beers and something to eat on the trot in the grandstand, as you watch the action. Your stag or hen do will be a winner at a canter with our Majorca Horse racing meeting.
A weekend in Palma for the true sportsman or sportswoman should include an afternoon or evening of trote, the traditional and quirky horse racing format in Mallorca. Our racey rep will collect you at your hotel and get you safely to the race track, with entrance included and an all-important briefing on Spanish betting! The trot takes place over the kilometer-long course in Palma, with the thoroughbred horses pulling sulkies or buggies with riders.
Why book Palma horse racing with us – straight from the horse’s mouth:
“This was a really great evening, the coach was there right on time to meet us and our guide made sure we got to know where everything as at the race track. I didn’t win much money, the betting system is a bit hard to get your head round, but we all loved seeing the buggy racing and the horses” -Adam, Gloucester (UK) March 2011.
Typical trotting schedule – Sundays only
Palma race meetings are held at 1530 on Sundays, and later in the evening at 2100 from mid-June till mid-September because of the heat.
- Pick up time: 1500
- 1st of 6 races begins: 1530
- Transfer back to Magaluf or Palma: 1800 approx (or earlier)
- Available every Sunday
- Evening meetings in Summer.
What is included
- Return private travel from Magaluf, Palma Centre, Portals Nous, Alcudia etc centre with our rep.
- Track entrance.
- Access to paddock and bar
- Usually 6 races.
What else do I need to know about Majorca horse racing?
- Real turf fans will want to bring their binoculars!
- We’ll explain the betting system!
- At Palma racetrack, don’t forget to try an empanada de carne y guisantes. It may sound like we are fibbing but Majorca’s porky pies are legend. A true delight in their own right, and available with a cold bottle of beer at the grandstand bar!
- Learn more here about trotting or harness racing here.
- Organising a Majorca Sportsman’s Package? Ask us about a round of golf, Real Mallorca football tickets, your own football game, or water sports.
How can I book or find out more?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our booking enquiry form here