Flamenco Dancing in Valencia
Olé! Reach the heart of Spanish culture with a private flamenco class in Valencia. Your Spanish flamenco instructor will explain the basic moves of Flamenco at your own pace. The Flamenco lessons in Valencia are fun, relaxed and informal and go at a pace that will not leave anyone behind or feeling like a baby elephant! We can also include a quick glass of wine and a “tapa” to get you into the right frame of mind and then it is straight into the basics of flamenco dancing.
By the end, you will appreciate and understand the intricacies of this ancient dance and will have had a great laugh as well. Your flamenco instructor will take you through all of the hand and arm movements, basic body posture, the idiosyncratic clapping and footwork, heel tapping and all coordinated with basic steps. The Valencia Flamenco Dancing Masterclass provides excellent photo opportunities, as our professional instructor always has a collection of shawls, castanets, hats and guitars on hand. So whatever you do, don’t forget your camera.
The masterclass is also great exercise and the perfect warm-up for the authentic and passionate Valencia night out! And more importantly, when you are back home at your favourite pub or club and a flamenco song comes on, you can watch your friends jaws drop as you strut your new and elegant moves on the dance floor!
This is one of The Spain Event‘s most popular activities and it is not difficult to see why. Flamenco Dancing in Valencia is great fun and also a learning experience. You will never forget your new moves (although practice makes perfect) and you will always have those great photos to remember the day you and your friends stamped your feet and clapped your hands in style! All in all, there are not many things you can do in Valencia that are better value for money!
Flamenco Dancing Tips
Make sure you get the most from the class and avoid injury by getting your clothing right. Dresses, skirts and loose trousers are perfect for dancing and footwear is essential. Wear the right shoes and remember that the heels are important to get that real flamenco sound. Have a look at the tips below from our experts:
AVOID HIGH HEELS, ESPECIALLY STILLETOS! Not only do these limit the Flamenco steps you can learn, they can also be dangerous!
IDEALLY, WEAR STURDY LOW-HEELED SHOES – these support your ankles and make the heel actions easier.
BOOTS WITH STURDY HEELS ARE PREFERABLE TO HIGH HEELS! if in doubt wear a pair of boots.
Flamenco Dancing Activity – Typical schedule (Total: 3.5 hours)
- 15:45 Meeting at the Dance school
- 16:00 Flamenco Class begins – we move at a pace you dictate!
- 18:00 Class ends and return to hotel or have an Agua de Valencia or a cava!
- This is just our suggested timetable, but we can adapt this to suit your needs, so please let us know.
Flamenco Dancing in Valencia – price and What is Included
- A professional Flamenco instructor!
- Your own session at a private dance School
- If you want to turn this activity into a real Spanish affair, please let us know and we can include a glass of Spanish wine and a “tapa” to loosen up before you start dancing!
- Price depends on your group size and the time of year. In general, the larger your group the less you will each pay!
Flamenco Dancing Classes in Valencia – what else do I need to know?
- Use shoes that support your feet and ankles, no flip-flops!
- Low heels will help you make the right stamping sounds!
- If you are also interested in Salsa Classes, click here!
How can I book or find out more?
- Call us on +34648032914 or UK 08448 707147
- Email us at email@example.com
- Use our booking enquiry form here