Visit Catalonia’s famous cava vineyards on our Barcelona cava tour! Let Spanish Kicks take you on a cork-popping tour around the heartland of Spanish tipple, and you’ll see the whole process from the grape to the glass! Far from being just a cheap version of champagne, Cava has its own rich history and tradition, and locals will readily tell you that their bubbly is the best in the world! Catalonia is Cava heartland, and some of the best bodegas lie within striking distance of Barcelona. Big Barcelona champagne brands like Freixenet and Cordoniou are so close to the city that a visit can easily fit into a half-day trip. Our fascinating tour takes you round one of the oldest organic bodegas in Spain, which has been run by the same family for many generations.
Barcelona Champagne Region – Cava
One of the family will talk you through their process and reveal the secret of how to get the bubbles into the bottle. Of course, you’ll have the chance to buy a couple of bottles for a drink or two back at the hotel! Lunch with a range of excellent local produce is also included in the package. This great day out also includes a short walk through stunning scenery, with rolling green vineyards and the Pyrenees mountains towering in the distance, as you find out the history behind the making of Cava. The peace and quiet can be a welcome break from city bustle, and you might even get a suntan along the way!
Tour of Cava in Barcelona – More Details
• Location: One hour from central Barcelona (transport provided)
• Start time and duration inc transport: 11:30am, return to hotel 17:30pm.
• Available: most days
• Included: Transport, tour of Barcelona champagne vineyards and bodega, translator, full lunch and two glasses of Cava each.
• Tips: Take some suncream with you
• Please let us know if there are any special diet requirements in your group